- The University of Groningen has used CodeThing to code the careers data into ISCO-08 code. About 20.000 raw-test occupational descriptions were coded into ISCO by two users in about 35 hours.
- A PhD student at the Interuniversity Centre for Social Research has used CodeThing to code around qualitative descriptions of educational background into ISCED. A little over 5000 descriptions where code in about 8 hours.
- A PhD student at the Faculty of Behavioral Sciences at the University of Groningen has used CodeThing to code the content of ~80.000 chat messages send between users during an online experiment. An eager master student coded this data in less then two weeks.
- The university of Basel, Geneva and Bremen are use CodeThing to build a big international comparative data-base that contains the career data of politicians. They have processed over 200.000 data-points by the 31th December 2018.
- The British Election Study asked ~350.000 UK residents ‘what is the biggest problem with Britain today’. With codething they coded these answers into ~75 closed answer categories in less then 120 hours.